Usually the gap between the eyes is one eye length. If you have a shorter distance, do make-up suitable for girls with close-set eyes. Thanks to him, you can make the face more interesting, remove flaws, turn flaws into virtues, adjust the shape of the eyes and visually increase the distance between them.
- Basic makeup rules for close-set eyes
- Small eyes
- Big eyes
- Round eyes
- Narrow eyes
- Selection of a color palette
- Brown eyes
- Green eyes
- Blue eyes
- Grey eyes
- Black eyes
- What cosmetics to use?
- Eyeliner or pencil
- Eyebrow products
- Make-up options
- Everyday makeup
- Evening Ideas
- Make-up with arrows
- Common Mistakes
- Useful tips from makeup artists
Basic makeup rules for close-set eyes
Close-set eyes come in several forms. For each there is a suitable make-up.
Smokey ice technique (smoky eye effect) is recommended. Step-by-step instruction:
- Apply primer, concealer and foundation.
- Use a dark shade of eyeshadow on the outer corners of the eyelids. Blend up.
- From 2/3 of the eyelashes, draw a thin line with a black pencil. Blend.
- Highlight the inner corners with light shadows.
- Draw arrows from the middle of the eye.
- Apply mascara.
If you have large eyes, it is important to pay attention to symmetry. Make-up application method:
- Apply corrector.
- Light shadows draw the entire eyelid.
- Apply dark shadows to the crease of the eyelid and lightly blend to the outer edge.
- With shadows of a medium shade, dilute the transition from light to dark.
- Paint over the mucous membrane of the eye along the lower lash line.
- Draw an arrow at the top.
- Use ink.
Sometimes close-set eyes are round in shape. In this case, use bird makeup. It is necessary to lengthen the outer corner of the eye and give it an almond shape. Step-by-step instruction:
- Lighten the upper eyelid with foundation or white shadows.
- With the help of an eyeliner, draw a lattice icon, blend.
- Draw an arrow. It should protrude slightly over the edge.
- Apply dark shadows, blend towards the temples. Pencil and shadows use black, graphite, brown or blue, depending on the color of the eyes.
- Apply mascara to the eyelashes, pull them towards the outer edge.
- Use bright lipstick. Thanks to her, you can transfer attention from the eyes to the lips.
It is important to do the right makeup so that the eyes do not become even narrower. Here is one example:
- Hide skin imperfections with concealer.
- Light shadows apply on the inside from the eyelashes to the eyebrows.
- With a medium shade of shadows, draw along the outer half of the upper eyelid.
- Blend from the inner corner to the outer and up to the eyebrow.
- Apply mascara to upper lashes.
Do not lengthen the eyelashes, it makes the eyes even narrower. Do not get carried away with black and other dark colors.
Selection of a color palette
When choosing a palette, pay attention to the color of your hair, skin, eyes, and the shape of your eyebrows. The choice of colors and makeup depends on these parameters. The shadows should be one tone darker than the color of your eyes.
For makeup, a classic palette is suitable. The main color is chocolate, black, bronze, emerald and light beige. Additional choose at your discretion. Blue and purple shades are also suitable.
Brunettes with brown eyes suit all shades of blue, especially dark ones. Colors that go well under a tan are also allowed:
- the black;
- dark brown;
- fuchsia and plum color;
- dark green;
Blondes with brown eyes go:
- light shades of blue;
- dark pink;
- all shades of green;
- light and dark beige.
Consider the option of evening makeup for brown close-set eyes:
- Use a foundation on your eyelid to make your makeup last longer.
- On the outer corner and on the crease of the upper eyelid, apply dark gray shadow. Blend lightly.
- Apply light shadows on the inner corner of the eye and in the area above the eyebrows. Use a soft brush to blend the transition from light to dark.
- Above the crease of the upper eyelid, apply the main color, for example, lilac. Blend.
- Darken the outer corner of the lower eyelid and add the main color. Blend to the center of the eye.
- Apply white shadow to the inner corner of the eye and blend towards the nose.
- Draw an arrow with eyeliner, give the eye an almond shape and lift the corners of the eyes. Use black eyeliner. It stylishly emphasizes the eyes.
- Apply mascara in several layers.
- Shape your brows.
Blend the corner so that the edges of the shadows go beyond the contour of the eye and fly up to the temples. Such a corner becomes a visual continuation of the eye, making it open, large, masking the excessive proximity between the eyes.
Pay attention to brownish options, copper shades of shadows. Green tones make the eyes brighter. Dark colors are also suitable.
Makeup option for spectacular eyes:
- Apply a foundation that best suits your skin tone.
- Highlight the T-zone and the area above and below the eyes with powder.
- Define the brows using a brow brush and a matte dark brown eyeshadow.
- Draw arrows.
- Blend them out with shadows.
- Draw the bottom arrows, giving the eye an almond shape.
- Blend the arrows with blue shadows.
- Give your eyes color and brightness by using shades of yellow, green or blue. Line the inner lower eyelid.
- Paint your lashes evenly with black mascara.
Girls with blue close-set eyes are suitable for cool colors, light, light, metallic shades, matte shadows. Beautiful makeup for blue eyes is easy to do:
- Apply makeup base.
- Use corrector and foundation.
- Apply neutral shades of eye shadow to the upper eyelid to give brightness. Lighten the area under the eyebrows and the inner corner of the eye with pearlescent shadows. Shades of white, silver or pale blue are also suitable.
- Use shadows of medium shade. Draw the crease of the upper eyelid and blend to the eyebrows. Suitable shades of light pink, lavender, gold and silver.
- Apply the darkest shadows to the outer corner of the eye. Blend all transitions. Shades of delicate plum color, peach, lilac and gray-brown are well combined.
- Draw a thin strip along the line of eyelash growth with an eyeliner or pencil on half of the eye. Bring the lower eyelid with a shading color. Do not use black eyeliner or pencil. It is recommended to use dark brown shades.
- Apply mascara along the entire lash line. Use a dark brown or dark grey. Dark blue mascara also looks spectacular.
- Complete your look with a matching lipstick or neutral gloss.
An example of daytime makeup for gray eyes located close to each other:
- On the upper eyelid, blend the shadows of a light shade.
- On the outer corner of the eye and above the crease of the moving eyelid, apply shadows slightly darker than the base, for example, sand, and blend them thoroughly.
- Add the darkest shade, for example, dark beige. Apply it to the outer corner of the eye, blend.
- Using dark gray shadows and a thin brush, draw an arrow on the upper eyelid along the entire lash line and an arrow on half of the lower eyelid. Connect the ends of the arrows and lift the outer corner of the eye.
- Blend the arrows in the direction from the outer corner of the eye to the inner.
- Paint your eyelashes with black mascara.
Black eyes are very expressive. They can be well beaten with makeup. Here is one option:
- Apply primer, concealer, foundation.
- On the moving eyelid – light blue shadows.
- Apply dark purple shadows along the crease line, blend.
- On the upper and lower eyelids, make arrows, the upper one is thicker.
- Apply mascara.
Use a golden kayal. It favorably highlights black eyes.
What cosmetics to use?
For makeup, a lot of cosmetics are used. Basic list of what you need:
- tone cream;
- eyeliner or eyeliner;
- eyebrow pencil;
- gel for eyebrows.
Choose shadows according to the color type of the skin, the color of the eyes and hair. Do not use defiant shades. Blend all borders well.
Shadows are compact, in the form of a pencil, cream, baked, mineral, crumbly, liquid. Shimmer shadows make the eyes more bulging and voluminous.
Be careful with pink and purple shadows, they can “exacerbate” the shape of the eyes. For the lower eyelid, choose light shades:
- sparkling champagne;
Eyeliner or pencil
An eyeliner or a pencil helps to draw an arrow and emphasize the eyelashes. The pencil is easy to apply. Easily removed with a cotton swab if the arrow is not drawn perfectly. Can serve as a base for shadows.
Eyeliner draws a clear and thin arrow. Removing flaws is not easy. It is more resistant and lasts longer on the skin.
For the upper eyelids, a soft pencil in dark colors is a good choice. Draw smoothly. You can draw white eyeliner on the inner sides of the eye. It gives expressiveness. Use a thin pencil and waterproof eyeliner.
Depending on the type, the mascara curls, lengthens and creates volume for the eyelashes. Eyelash brushes are of two types:
- straight line is convenient to apply mascara in the corners of the eyes;
- curved curls eyelashes and adds volume.
Mascara contains vitamins, protects eyelashes from external influences. It is better to use mascara for volume. Apply two to three coats of mascara to the outer edge of the lashes.
An eyebrow pencil is needed to draw individual hairs and fill in the eyebrow. Eyebrow mascara brightens the color and fixes the hairs.
There are several types of makeup that suits close-set eyes. They are made depending on the event.
There is a basic makeup technique for close-set eyes. By adhering to these rules, you can visually increase the distance between them:
- Use a primer to prevent makeup from showing on your upper eyelid.
- Be sure to use a concealer to remove bruises under the eyes and other imperfections on the face.
- Apply foundation.
- Use a light shade of shadows on the inside of the eye, blend to the middle.
- From the middle of the eyelid, apply a darker shade.
- Draw an arrow from the middle of the eye.
- Set your makeup with powder.
- The shape of the eyebrows must be correct.
If you use bright lipstick, the emphasis on the eyes disappears. Then the eye makeup itself should be neutral.
For evening makeup, use the following option:
- Apply primer, concealer, foundation.
- Apply a neutral shade of eye shadow all over the eyelid.
- Line the eyelashes with a brown pencil with a shimmer. Blend.
- On the outer corner, give brown shadows.
- Apply golden brown eye shadow or copper metallic on 2/3 of the eyelid. Blend.
- Use mascara only on the tips of your lashes.
- Make lips red or just apply gloss to accentuate the eyes.
Make-up with arrows
For girls with close-set eyes, classic, wide, cat-eye and soft haze arrows are suitable. It is better not to bring the inner corner of the eye. Don’t line your bottom lash line either.
Arrow makeup option:
- Bring the lower eyelid with shadows of a medium shade from the middle of the eyelid to the outer corner of the eye.
- With the same shadows, draw a line to the outer corner. Don’t go deep into the crease.
- Draw the resulting corner with darker shadows, blend.
- From the inner corner to the border with dark shadows, apply light shadows, blend. The same shadows go on a fixed eyelid.
- Draw a classic arrow, blend shadows along its edge.
- Line your lashes well with mascara.
The thickness of the arrow should be medium. Bring the tip out of the eye and slightly lift it. This helps to visually increase the distance between the eyes.
The beauty of the eyes depends on how well the makeup is done. A few mistakes that are harmful and can spoil the whole image:
- You cannot draw an arrow from the inner corner of the eyelid to the outer. Be sure to start from the middle. Closer to the outer corner, make the arrow thicker.
- Do not apply foundation pointwise, these spots disfigure the face. Apply concealer and then foundation all over your face.
- Be sure to blur the boundaries.
- Use a primer on the eyelid so that makeup does not imprint on it.
- Do not apply many layers of mascara. This makes the eyelashes heavier and makes the look tired.
- Eyeliner with a thick line spoils the entire makeup.
- Do not apply dark shadows to the inside of the eye. Start with light shadows.
- Smokey ice must be done according to the rules so that there is no “panda” effect.
- You can’t use shadows after you’ve applied eyeliner.
Useful tips from makeup artists
A few tips, thanks to which the makeup turns out perfect, and the distance between the eyes visually becomes larger:
- For the inner part of the eye, use light shadows, and closer to the outer corner – a darker shade.
- Apply several layers of mascara only at the outer corner of the eye. You can grow some eyelashes there.
- With white eyeliner, draw an inner line from the inner corner of the eye.
- Pluck your eyebrows at the bridge of your nose, and extend the corners with a pencil.
To correct close-set eyes with makeup, remove bruises under the eyes and other imperfections with concealer, draw arrows from the middle of the eye to the outer corner. Do not apply only light shadows, be sure to use dark ones too. With the help of small secrets, your makeup will turn out perfect and help shape your eyes.