Gray eye color is very common, but this does not mean that it is less beautiful and attractive than other shades of the iris. Although almost any shades of cosmetics are suitable for gray eyes, there are still many nuances in makeup for gray-eyed beauties.
- Features of makeup for gray eyes
- Cosmetics and color palette
- eye tint
- Features of color types
- Makeup step by step instructions
- Everyday make-up
- evening make-up
- wedding image
- dark makeup
- New Year’s image with smokey ice
- Oriental makeup
- Makeup “banana”
- Ideas with arrows
- Corporate image
- Useful recommendations of makeup artists
- Basic Mistakes
Features of makeup for gray eyes
Owners of gray eyes should take into account that makeup should not be too bright, but should correspond to external features and time of day. What are the rules to follow when making gray eyes? Remember the basics.
Cosmetics and color palette
The main tool that should be used came into our lives not so long ago, but the girls immediately fell in love with it. This is a primer. It effectively moisturizes the skin and helps make-up last longer, do not roll or crumble (including shadows).
Shadows are the basis of eye makeup. It depends on them how successful and effective it will be. As for this tool, the nuances are as follows:
- If you have bluish-gray eyes and fair skin. The owners of such an appearance can use purple without a twinge of conscience – it looks great in combination with pale skin and dark hair. Apply the shade exclusively to the place of the crease, so that the eyes visually increase.
- Shades are taboo. Don’t choose shades that are the same color as your clothes. For example, under a gray dress, do not take shades of gray, and under blue – blue and blue. Choose colors that emphasize your appearance, especially your eyes.
- Cold shades. Many girls with gray eyes fit the colors of the cold spectrum. In particular, shades such as blue, white, pink, purple, turquoise, sky blue and dark blue emphasize the depth of the look and give it mystery.
- Colors to be careful with. Beige-pink and light pink tones can work against you, making gray eyes dull and nondescript.
- For a radiant look. To do this, choose the shadows are not matte, but with glitter or shiny patches.
There are well-known rules for day and night makeup: during the day, shades should be more neutral and soft, and for the evening, you can use brighter colors that are perfect for parties or any special occasion.
Let’s talk about other means:
- Eyebrow pencil. Use brown eyebrow pencils, taking into account your hair color: dark hair complements dark brown eyebrows, and light brown products are recommended for girls with light curls.
- Ink. Bet on the classic black version, for example, with the effect of volume. Apply the product in several layers. An alternative to charcoal ink are brown, blue and green.
- Pomade. Gray eyes can be combined with almost any shade of lipstick. But consider when choosing the type of makeup: nude lipstick is suitable for everyday use, light pink or coral is useful for the evening.
- Blush. When choosing a product, be guided primarily by the shade of your skin and hair. For example, clay blush or deep pink are best suited for dark golden skin and dark curls. Also at the disposal of fair-skinned blondes are all shades of ocher.
- Eyeliner. Choose shades based on your hair color. If they are light, use sand shades for drawing arrows, if dark – brown.
In nature, there are several shades of gray eyes, and for each of them the make-up habits are slightly different. What are the shades:
- Grey-brown. Eye shadows and pencils are perfect for olive, dark green, copper and copper-red tones. Black eyeliner is best replaced with any other dark one, for example, brown. And draw in addition colored arrows with shades of purple, blue or green.
- Pure grey. The bronze shade is great for gray eyes, it can be used to create a beautiful “smoky” make-up. Another color is copper. It is used for smokey ice or arrows. Darkening on the eyelids can be done with black shadows, and plum shadows help to complete the makeup.
- Green gray. Use brown eye shadow, plum, graphite, copper, green. A shade of plum can be used for evening shooters, and lines of different shades of gray are suitable for every day. In an earthy color, a light smoky make-up looks great. Finish it with green eyeliner.
- Bluish gray. Metallic eye shadows in gold, pink and copper tones are perfect. As well as red, purple and green – they help create a contrasting effect.
For smoky makeup, use light pink or coral shades. And red, for example, you can create graphic arrows.
- Dark grey. In general, the recommendations are the same as for pure gray eyes, only it is better to use lighter shades. Shades of blue tones look great. Use blue to make the eyes look lighter, while light gray shades help make the eyes look deeper and even darker.
Features of color types
If you want to look beautiful and harmonious, choose the color scheme not only according to your eyes, but also taking into account your color type. According to the simplest gradation, it can be of two types:
Warm color types usually include women with red hair and owners of warm blond hair – straw, golden and honey. The skin of this type has a peach or pink tint.
If gray eyes with brown or green patches, shades are suitable for emphasizing them:
- golden ocher;
If you want to bring out warm skin tones, go for a cool spectrum. From this palette choose:
- light green;
The cold type includes blondes, brunettes, owners of fair-haired, ashy and brown curls without redness. Women with this type usually have fair skin with pink or blue highlights. Eye color is gray or gray-bluish. The nuances here are:
- Brunettes. You can use lavender tones to keep your complexion naturally cool. And to “melt” it – warm coffee colors with mother of pearl. The main shades of dark hair and pale skin are from gray to blue.
- Blond hair and eyes. Inconspicuous colors are appropriate – pearl, tan, light beige or pale peach. Natural makeup is considered ideal, it attracts the eye and shows the softness of the skin and the clarity of the eyes. Nude makeup can also beautify women with grey-green eyes.
- Dark brown hair. It is best to use different shades of gray or sky blue. The latter makes the green light in the eyes more noticeable. Dark hair and gray eyes with a steel sheen look spectacular – this is a classic combination of a cold type.
- Light brown or ashy curls and light eyes. Choose blue (pearl), light mocha or light brown. If you want to make the iris darker, using lighter shades of gray helps.
Makeup step by step instructions
In this section, you can find makeup options for daytime and evening outings, New Year’s Eve, weddings and other special occasions.
Every girl should know how to do light nude makeup. After all, this is a make-up for every day. A correctly made daytime make-up can then be easily transformed into an evening version.
How to do:
- Moisturize your skin. For this, a moisturizing serum or primer is suitable.
- Apply foundation. It is better to apply products in the form of a cushion – they help to create a great light makeup in seconds. Apply the product with your fingertips all over the face from the center to the sides.
- Put the concealer in the inner corners and gently blend it with your fingertips towards the center of the eyes (try not to put the product on the outer corners). If there is redness, blend the rest of the concealer over the moving part of the eyelid. This makes the tone of the face even.
- Gently brush your eyebrows in the direction of hair growth. Fill in the gaps between the hairs with a pencil, and gently blend along the entire length of the eyebrows. When using, do not press the pencil too hard, do everything with light movements. Then apply gel for fixation.
- Use your usual eyeliner with a waterproof formula to line the space between your lashes. Apply mascara to your eyelashes. Do not forget to paint over not only the upper ones, but also the lower ones, focusing on their roots so that the eyes do not look round.
- When applying makeup during the day, there is no need for an intensive sculpting process. Use only dry blush to lighten your complexion, then lightly dab it on your cheekbones where you would normally use highlighter.
- Use a neutral creamy shade of dry shadow to highlight the bridge of the nose and the center of the chin. Also apply them above the cheekbones, under the eyebrows and above the upper lip. Apply a small amount of product along the lash line to the mobile eyelid.
In autumn, choose a foundation with moisturizing properties – during this period, the skin tends to dry and dehydrate.
Now we will tell you how to cleverly transform the daytime makeup for gray eyes described above into an evening one. To do this, you will need light eye shadow, thick mascara and creamy lipstick. This image is perfect, for example, for a birthday.
- Paint over the lash lines and mucous membranes. To do this, with a waterproof pencil, draw a thick line along the lash line, and then use a brush to gently blend it along the crease and eyelid. You can take a pencil not with a waterproof formula, but with a regular one.
- Apply taupe eyeshadow over the previously applied pencil and blend with a double ended brush. Carefully dilute the crease area with pink.
- Draw an eyelash line. Make the eyeliner fuzzy, but transparent. Use the applicator to apply. This creates extra volume on the lash line. Using a black shade, gently blend the eyeliner along the lash line.
- Apply a creamy nude lipstick to your lips (the color should be neutral for balance). To increase the attractiveness and volume, add a drop of two-phase gloss from above to the center of the lips.
Shadows are always better to put on top of the applied pencil. So the makeup will be more expressive and persistent.
The image of a bride with gray eyes is best made as natural as possible, without catchy and flashy shades.
An interesting option:
- Apply primer under eye shadow.
- Apply eye shadow in white, light beige, milky white or skin color on the eyelids.
- To add depth to the make-up, apply a sand shade to the crease of the upper eyelid. For the same value, evenly apply a small amount of chocolate shadows there.
- With a dark gray pencil, paint over the space between the eyelashes and paint over the lower mucosa.
- Connect the bottom and top lines, shading them towards the temples.
- Take a clean, thin brush and blend the eyeliner, moving from the inner edge of the eye to the outer.
- To give a bright accent to your makeup, apply a green tint to the lower eyelid.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara to your lashes.
Consider a make-up in gray tones. It is great for a party or other event where a beautiful and mysterious look is appropriate.
- Use a nude base under the shadows.
- Apply light gray eye shadow all over the upper eyelid.
- Place a darker color on the moving eyelid and lightly blend upwards.
- Paint over the outer corners of the eyes with an even darker shade. Blend towards the center.
- With a brown shade of shadows, go over the darkest gray. Blend out by mid-century.
- With the first gray shade, go over the already applied layer.
- Take a nude shade with glitter and apply it to the inner corners, lightly blending under the eyes.
- Beige paint over the free space between the eyebrows and dark shadows.
- Once again, blend the outer corners with a fluffy brush.
- With dark shadows, walk along the lower lash line, then fix the effect with a pencil. They also outline the line of the upper eyelashes.
- Paint your eyes with mascara.
New Year’s image with smokey ice
The smoky eyes technique can be used for both everyday and festive makeup, including the New Year’s look. Complement it with shiny shadows and false eyelashes.
How to do:
- Apply foundation to the eyelids, and then add cream shadows to the inner corner of the eyelid. Blend.
- Apply shimmery beige over cream eyeshadow.
- With a brown pencil, highlight the lower eyelid by about half and blend downwards.
- Paint over the crease of the eyelid and connect the top and bottom lines. Paint over the interior. Blend the boundaries.
- With a dark brown color, draw the resulting shape without touching the borders.
- With a bronze tint, walk along the borders of the shading.
- Under the eyebrow and in the corner of the eye, apply beige shadows with a brilliant pigment.
- Add a black matte shade to the outer corner and crease of the eyelid.
- Line the upper lash lines with gel eyeliner.
- Apply gold glitter to the center of the eyelid.
- Cover your natural lashes with mascara and apply false ones.
Beautiful oriental makeup can be completely done on your own. Arrows are an integral part of it. In our example, you will see Arabic-style makeup using the cat-eye technique.
Eyebrows should be translucent here.
- Apply bottom eyeliner and line the top lash line. Draw two lines into an arrow.
- Use a brown pencil with shading movements to go over the black eyeliner. Blend further with a brush.
- Paint over the mucous membrane with black eyeliner. Make the border less clear.
- Draw the outer corner of the arrow.
- Bring the eyeliner to the inner corner of the eye. Blend again.
- Paint over the eyelid with a lighter warm brown. Apply a darker color on top with shading movements.
- Walk with a light shade along the lower eyelid.
- Color your natural lashes. Glue the overlays and paint over them.
This make-up technique owes its name to a special form of applying shadows on the upper eyelid, which resembles a banana. This option is suitable for girls of all types. The only exceptions are women with big eyes. They should use technology with care.
- Prepare your face for makeup in the usual way.
- Outline the crease of the eyelid with dark brown shadows. With the same color, draw the line of the lower eyelashes. Blend everything with a fluffy brush.
- With a light shade of shading brush, go all over the eyelid.
- Apply an even darker brown with driving movements to the outer corner of the eye. Blend.
- With a small brush, apply the same shade to half of the lower lash line (close to the outer corner).
- Black color over the upper eyelash line, making a small ponytail up in the outer corner. Blend out the ponytails.
- With the lightest shade, paint over the free space under the eyebrows. Add it to the inner corners of the eyes.
Ideas with arrows
Light everyday makeup with arrows is great for work, school or a romantic date.
- With wet fingers, a brush or a sponge, apply the foundation to the skin.
- Use concealer to cover dark circles, puffy veins, and minor breakouts. Also, this tool can emphasize the bridge of the nose and the contour of the eyelids to “open” the eyes.
- Apply coral blush on the cheekbones and blend them with light movements to the temples.
- Fill in your brows with a specialized styling mascara.
- Apply a neutral eye shadow to your eyelids, which can also be used as an eye primer (foundation).
- Highlight the contour of the mucosa and the line of eyelashes or draw an arrow with a gel pencil.
- Apply one or more coats of mascara to your lashes for volume.
- Use a skin-colored pencil to fill in (this will help make-up last longer). Then apply lipstick.
Another original option for highlighting gray eyes with makeup is the use of red mascara or shadows of this shade.
How to make a make-up:
- Use concealer to smooth and even out the color of your eyelids.
- Apply dark brown eyeshadow to the outer corners of your eyes. Blend well.
- Apply light red or orange eyeshadow to the inner corners. Using a brush, blend towards the center of the eyelid.
- Apply neutral or golden shadows to the middle of the eyelid. Color the lashes at the roots with a black pencil or eyeliner.
Useful recommendations of makeup artists
Makeup can add charm and elegance to the owner of gray eyes, or create a vague and unattractive look. To prevent the latter from happening, we have collected recommendations from experts for you:
- do not neglect the eyeliner, the arrows favorably emphasize the shape of the eyes;
- girls with blond and red hair look great with shades of chestnut, raspberry or smoky flowers;
- silver and gray – a versatile choice, especially in combination with a metallic sheen;
- pay attention to the thoroughness of shading, its lack will make the appearance not very neat, and busting will turn the shadows and eyeliner into a blur.
It may seem that any shades are suitable for gray eyes, but this is not so. Among the colors that are best avoided by gray-eyed beauties, the following are distinguished:
- Too bright or too dark colors. They can cause an unhealthy appearance of the eyes, the effect of tearfulness.
- Shadows of the same shade as the iris, as the latter lose their uniqueness and dissolve into the general background. Choose a darker or lighter shade.
If the eyes are small in size, it is better not to outline them with black outlines. This can visually reduce them even more.
The main advantage of gray eyes over others is their versatility. Once you’ve chosen the perfect makeup, you can confidently wear it on different occasions and complement any outfit without worrying about being out of style.