Evening makeup makes the eyes more expressive and creates a luxurious look. In the article we will tell you how to choose and make the right make-up, depending on various factors.
- Differences between evening make-up and everyday make-up
- Turning a daytime make-up into an evening one
- The difference between evening and wedding makeup, their cost
- Cosmetics for evening make-up
- Evening makeup depending on the color and shape of the eyes
- Evening makeup depending on the type of face
- Evening makeup depending on hair color
- Evening makeup depending on the outfit
- Under the blue dress
- Under a black dress
- Under a silver dress
- Under a white dress
- Under a beige dress
- Under a pink dress
- Under a leopard dress
- Evening makeup by age
- For teenager
- For women after 40-45
- For women after 50-55
- Evening makeup for events
- Ideas for New Year’s evening make-up
- Light makeup for a party
- Types of evening makeup
- In nude colors
- With sequins
- In shades of brown
- With golden shadows
- Smokey Ice: timeless classic
- Evening Korean makeup
- With extended eyelashes
- Step by step evening makeup for beginners
- Video tutorial on creating a simple evening make-up yourself
- 5 golden rules for evening eye makeup
- Photo of a bright evening make-up
Differences between evening make-up and everyday make-up
This type of makeup is used for “going out”, so it is much brighter and allows you to make two accents at once: on the eyes and lips. In the daytime make-up, it is necessary to focus on only one thing.
For evening makeup is typical:
- a large amount of cosmetics;
- bright and saturated colors;
- false eyelashes;
During the day, it is customary to “wear” pastel shades, use nude lipsticks.
It is important to choose the right combination of makeup and hairstyles, clothes, accessories. The main emphasis has already been placed on the face, you can not choose colorful outfits.
The evening look must be fixed upon completion. To do this, use a spray with a fixing agent, it is available in many beauty brands.
Turning a daytime make-up into an evening one
Transform yourself with the following products:
- Powder. The product should have a slight glow so that the face does not look tired.
- Highlighter. Highlight the chin, the shape of the eyebrows, cheekbones and give volume to the lips.
- Shadow palette. Blend the dark color along the crease, apply the light color to the inner corner of the eye.
- Eyeliner and pencil-kajal. Even a small black line above the eyelid will make your eyes look like a cat. To complement the image, you can bring the lower eyelid with a kajal.
Do not forget about the emphasis on the lips, for which it is better to choose rich, dark shades of purple, red, carmine, brown. Black lipstick, depending on the image, will also perfectly emphasize your beauty.
From everyday make-up to festive.
The difference between evening and wedding makeup, their cost
Wedding makeup is designed for several functions at once. The image of the bride must be resistant to tears, kisses, laughter, long dances, weather, photography.
Multitasking is also manifested in the combination of several types of make-up at once: daytime, evening, photomakeup.
The make-up artist creates a gentle and at the same time bright image that lasts throughout the holiday and looks great in pictures and videos. Be sure to do a trial makeup a few days before the wedding to determine the perfect option. Its price is usually equal to the evening look.
The parameters that make up the price of the bride’s make-up:
- the need for a makeup artist to visit;
- the complexity of the desired image;
- makeup rehearsal.
The cost varies depending on the preferences of the customer.
Cosmetics for evening make-up
Here is a list of product helpers:
- Primer for eyelids. Prevents shadows from rolling and makes them more saturated.
- Shadow palettes. For evening make-up, choose either specialized 9-color palettes that will be bright and saturated, or large ones that will easily create both a gentle everyday make-up and bold green smokey ice.
- Eyeliners. Now in the beauty industry, kayala pencils are at the peak of popularity. With their help, the look becomes more expressive, and the variety of the palette allows you to create almost any make-up.
- Ink. It can be used for both natural and extended lashes. In the first case, it is necessary to choose a product without oils in the composition, which can destroy the adhesive, while in the second there are many options. Often, several mascaras are used for makeup at the same time.
- Eyeliner. It can be liquid, in the form of a marker, or in the form of shadows. The choice depends on how it is more convenient for you to create arrows. Professional makeup artists first draw the contour with shadows, and then paint over it with a marker or liquid eyeliner.
- Sequins. Not every palette of shadows has a large selection of sparkling shadows, which is easily compensated by the glitters presented on the market in all their sparkling variety.
Another important item is brushes. For eye makeup to come out of high quality and similar to the master classes that you will see next, be sure to buy high-quality brushes for applying and blending shadows.
Evening makeup depending on the color and shape of the eyes
Before you start makeup, you need to choose the color scheme and the technique of applying cosmetics. Consider the choice of shades depending on the color of the eyes:
- Brown. You will suit ruby, amethyst and emerald shades, kayals to match.
- Blue. Your colors are shades of peach, lilac, pink, brown shades. Gold shadows in combination with a black pencil will give a special charm to the eyes.
- Green. Choose peach, bronze shades, amethyst color. Do not use silver and blue shadows, they make the eyes less bright.
Golden shadows are universal, so owners of any shade of eyes can use them. The main thing is to choose one or more colors for them. Smokey ice looks spectacular with golden shadows, but you can also apply them with green, bronze, brown shades.
Examples of a make-up with a golden tint.
The cut of the eyes must be determined for the correct application of makeup. They are as follows:
- rounded. Apply dark colors in the center of the upper eyelid, shading its corners with lighter ones.
- Almond-shaped. Steep shadows of light shades along the crease of the eyelid, with dark colors highlight the eyelid above the crease itself.
- Triangular (deep-set eyes). Shade the moving eyelid with the lightest shadows, blend dark colors along the crease of the upper eyelid and in the outer corner of the eye.
- Asiatic. Apply more saturated shadows along the eyebrow growth line, blending them to the eyebrows.
Schemes are used in both evening and daily make-up. How each type of eye section looks like can be seen in the pictures below.
Video instruction of the correct make-up for each type of eyes.
Evening makeup depending on the type of face
When creating a make-up for the eyes, make sure that it is in harmony with the overall image. To do this, you need to know your face type, its advantages and disadvantages, the correct application of cosmetics depending on the type.
Face shapes are as follows:
- Oval. An almost ideal type of face, does not require very many manipulations. Highlight your cheekbones with a bronzer or don’t contour at all. Makeup with this form depends only on your preferences or imagination.
- Round. Evening makeup looks best on such faces, since for correction it is necessary to focus on graphic elements. These are the eyes and lips. Smooth arrows without shading and matte coral lips will make you irresistible at any event.
- Square. For this type, the main task is to make the face narrower. Graphic arrows are contraindicated for you, but smokey ice and bright red lip color will look great. Keira Knightley, the owner of a really wide square face, rarely appears on the red carpet without “smoky” makeup in all its variations.
- Triangular (heart). In such a face, it is necessary to balance the triangular chin and massive forehead with the help of contouring. The base of evening makeup for you consists of dark wine-colored lips and clear short arrows of black (for brown eyes) or graphite (for green and blue eyes) color.
- Stretched. Owners of this type also need to visually reduce the forehead and round the chin. Semi-shaded arrows and dark nude lip colors are suitable as makeup.
The correct sculpting for each face shape is shown in the picture.
Evening makeup depending on hair color
Brunettes and brown-haired women often have dark skin, so their shades of shadows are dark. For evening makeup, you should choose:
- black or bright green mascara;
- shadows with a metallic texture and glitters of any color, depending on the invented image;
- matte lipsticks with red or brown pigment.
“Snow White” is desirable to create makeup with peach shadows, black long arrows and red-pink shades of lipsticks.
If you have blond hair, then choose a pastel, warm range. Use bright colors for evening makeup in moderation. You will create a beautiful make-up with:
- bronze and chocolate shades of shadows;
- golden pencil-kajal;
- dark brown or black ink;
- peach blush.
The perfect evening make-up for a blonde is black, slightly shaded arrows and beige matte lipstick.
Redheads already have a bright appearance, so in the make-up it only needs to be emphasized correctly. You can do this with:
- bronze, golden, emerald, dark blue, gray, chocolate shades of shadows;
- kayals to match the color of the selected shadows or black eyeliner;
- black ink;
- brown-red eyeshadow without glitter for tinting eyebrows;
- apricot, orange, coral, red lipstick.
Pay special attention to the combination of eye and lip accents so that the makeup looks harmonious.
Evening makeup depending on the outfit
Choosing an image is easier if you focus on clothes. The main products you will need:
- base for shadows;
- eyeliner and kayali;
- eyeshadow palette;
This is a basic set for any eye makeup. Choose colors based on the shades of the outfit.
Under the blue dress
For this outfit, create a make-up with blue-blue shades to complete the image of the Snow Queen.
Actions are as follows:
- Apply a base on the upper eyelid, draw a curved arrow above the orbital fold with a black pencil.
- Paint over the inner corner of the eye with a golden kayal and draw it under the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid, making the lower arrow.
- Apply brown shadow on top and bottom of the eyelid.
- Blend the shadows closer to the eyebrows.
- Extend the black arrow to make it more voluminous.
- Apply dark blue metallic shadows on the eyelid so that in the corner of the eye they mix with golden ones.
- Add blue shadows to the outer corner of the eye, following the outline of the arrow.
- Paint over the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid with a black pencil, stick on false eyelashes.
For lips, use a shimmery red lipstick. Avoid adding matte products.
Under a black dress
In an evening make-up with a black dress, it is easy to overdo it, so show restraint. The best option is clear or smoky arrows and red lipstick on the lips.
Actions are as follows:
- Apply golden shadow on the upper eyelid.
- Draw an arrow along the orbital tab with a gray kayal.
- Blend it out.
- Draw a short arrow with black eyeliner.
- Decorate the lower eyelid and mucous membrane with a gray pencil, blend it a little.
- Paint over the upper and lower eyelashes, you can use false ones.
In such a make-up, not only red, but also dark beige lipstick looks good.
Under a silver dress
A perfect choice would be purple or silver shades with a pink, coral shade of lipstick.
We offer you to create a silver-purple makeup that will definitely make you irresistible.
You will need to do the following:
- With the lightest shade of shadows, emphasize the shape of the eyebrows.
- Peach color blend over the orbital fold.
- Stretch a light lavender color along the top of the moving eyelid.
- Add some gray shadows to darken the crease.
- Cover the part of the eyelid closer to the eyelashes with gray cream shadows and draw a small arrow. It is better to use liquid eyeliner.
- Pick up a little glitter on the brush and apply it to the mobile eyelid and the inner corner of the eye.
- Blend gray shadows along the lower eyelid, paint over the mucous membrane with a black pencil.
Such shades will emphasize the beauty of the dress and will not allow the image to become too boring.
Under a white dress
With this color of the outfit, you need to choose the shadows and lipstick for evening makeup especially carefully. A win-win option is discreet beige, bronze and pink shades. You can add some golden glitter.
Making this make-up is quite simple:
- From the upper eyelid almost to the eyebrow line, apply the base.
- Take a beige color a few shades darker than the skin and blend it over the orbital crease.
- Paint over the crease and lower eyelid with a light chocolate color.
- Blend it with a little caramel shade.
- Apply golden glitter to the outer corner of the eye and the light part of the moving eyelid. Instead, you can use shadows with a creamy texture.
- Color your eyelashes.
If you don’t want to use the golden color, replace it with caramel.
Under a beige dress
This color is suitable for evening make-up in pastel colors, which can be made brighter by smoky arrows.
To create such an image, you need:
- Apply the base on the upper eyelid, then the shadow shade of baked milk.
- Line the lower eyelid with a light brown kajal.
- With a black eyeliner or pencil, paint over the lash line and mucous membrane.
- On the lower eyelid, shade the brown and black colors, on the upper eyelid, paint over the arrow with a dark shade.
- Stretch the color to the middle of the moving eyelid.
- On the light part, apply shiny cream shadows a couple of shades darker, blend them with a dark color over the crease.
- Darken the outer corner of the eye.
- Shape the smoky arrow.
The final touch in the form of nude lipstick with a wet finish is done!
Under a pink dress
With such an outfit, you should choose silver, gold, beige, peach, light brown shades.
To repeat this makeup, do the following:
- Cover the upper eyelid with the base and the lightest shadows.
- Apply a light coral or peach shade to the crease.
- Blend beige-brown shadows on the moving eyelid.
- Apply a shade darker to the crease and mix with peach.
- With a thin brush, apply dark brown shadow along the lash line.
- Blend them out.
- Until the middle of the lower eyelid, apply the same dark shadows.
- Make a small arrow with gray-brown shadows. You can also use dark brown eyeliner.
Complete the look with peach cream lipstick.
Under a leopard dress
This outfit will perfectly complement the smokey ice makeup with golden shadows.
To make such a harmonious make-up is easy:
- Apply black cream shadows in a loose layer on the upper and lower eyelids, almost connecting them in the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply a brown shade over black, slightly beyond the orbital crease.
- Closer to the eyebrow, use even lighter shadows and blend them.
- On the lower eyelid, apply golden shadows with a thin brush so that they do not overlap the first layer.
- Add shadows to the inner corner of the eye for a glow.
- In the middle of the moving eyelid, loosely apply a golden color.
- Color your eyelashes. Overhead is better not to use.
It remains only to make up the lips with dark beige lipstick or translucent gloss and the make-up is ready! He will emphasize the leopard dress and will not let you look vulgar.
Evening makeup by age
For celebrations, the image is selected according to age. Makeup for graduation at the age of 17 is significantly different from the make-up for the anniversary of 50 years. Consider what images are appropriate in different years of life.
Evening makeup is done for young girls for graduations, birthdays, photo shoots. Depending on the event, the color scheme also changes, you can choose both a very bright and a discreet make-up. We suggest you repeat the basic image, which is suitable for many celebrations.
The emphasis on the eyes is done with the help of sparkles, which are actively used in teenage and youth makeup. You can do this makeup as follows:
- On top of the base, apply caramel shadows to the eyebrow line and to the outer corner of the eye, forming an arrow.
- With the lightest color, highlight the upper eyelid to the orbital fold and the angle of the arrow.
- Blend the chocolate-colored shadows from the middle of the upper eyelid to the outer corner.
- Apply muted burgundy shadows on the light part of the moving eyelid, leaving the inner corner of the eye unpainted.
- Blend areas with a rough transition.
- Add large sequins to the upper eyelid.
- Work the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid with black eyeliner.
- Paint over the eyelashes in several layers.
Use translucent sequins and nude lipsticks in make-ups for young girls to keep the mood of the holiday, but not go into vulgarity.
Another option for teenage evening makeup.
For women after 40-45
Try to use only natural shades in such makeup so as not to overload the image. Bright purple, gray-green and red colors will turn even a professional make-up into makeup.
Use sandy, pastel shades of carrot, orange, walnut, peach. Pay attention to Charlize Theron (44 years old), whose evening looks are often nude.
Great make-up for women of this age:
It is easy to repeat this makeup yourself:
- On the upper eyelid to the orbital fold, apply a dense layer of carmine-pink shades of creamy texture.
- Blend them closer to the brow line.
- In the outer corner of the eye, apply brown shadow and stretch it over the crease.
- Tint the lower eyelid to the middle with the same color of the shadows. You can also use a golden pencil.
- Draw a small arrow with black eyeliner-shadows. It is important that it does not look too bright.
Finish off with creamy beige or burgundy lipstick to keep your face looking fresh and not pretentious.
For women after 50-55
At this age, the skin is very susceptible to cosmetics, so you should only use hypoallergenic.
Avoid too many products on the skin and a variety of colors in makeup. Make bright accents in the form of arrows and lipstick with a wet beige tint on the lips.
An example is best taken from Monica Bellucci (55), who wears light smoky eye makeup and prefers light shades of lipstick.
Use not only white mother-of-pearl, but also soft coral, sand, orange-pink. Green and blue colors in any manifestations cheapen the image, do not consider them.
Here is a great example of makeup for a woman in her 50s.
It is performed like this:
- On top of the base on the crease of the eyelid, apply light coral dry shadows.
- Closer to the lash line, add and blend a soft carrot shade.
- Apply a chocolate color to the middle of the moving eyelid and mix it with lighter ones. In the inner corner of the eye, add mother-of-pearl shadows.
- Draw an arrow with eyeliner or shadows, paint over the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid with black. It can be replaced with light brown.
- Paint your lashes and attach false ones on top of them. But you don’t have to use them.
Choose lipstick a couple of tones darker than the natural color of your lips, be sure to have a creamy texture.
Evening age makeup has many similarities, it suggests the presence of light colors, including for accents. Therefore, women 40 years old can use make-up for 50 years for an evening out and vice versa.
Evening makeup for events
The right make-up will help you to be irresistible at the party. When creating an image, be guided by your outfit, hairstyle and hair color. This will help to make the most successful makeup.
Ideas for New Year’s evening make-up
On this holiday, we recommend choosing bright makeup with metallic shadows that will give your eyes a glow. Here are some examples:
To celebrate the main celebration of the year, we offer to recreate such a make-up:
You will need to do the following:
- Blend the caramel brown color along the crease of the upper eyelid, giving it the shape of an arrow in the outer corner of the eye. In the middle of the moving eyelid, apply coral color and stretch it to the outer part of the eyelid.
- Stretch a rich brown color along the contour of the arrow and fold.
- In the inner corner of the eye, add pearlescent shadows, apply a yellow-orange metallic shade to the moving eyelid.
- Draw a clear black arrow and attach false eyelashes.
Choose beige lipsticks with a wet finish, do not mix matte and shiny textures in one make-up.
Light makeup for a party
Choose one primary color, do not overload it with additional ones, and then even a saturated shade will look more modest and allow you to make a bright accent on the lips.
Let’s recreate this makeup:
Perform red makeup as follows:
- Highlight the eyebrow line with a light shade and apply a base on the upper eyelid.
- Stretch the brown-gold shadows along the orbital crease so that they reach the eyebrows.
- Add a chocolate shade to the crease and blend it.
- Apply red shadow on the moving eyelid up to the lash line.
- Add a golden tint to the inner corner of the eye. Line the lower eyelid with chocolate shadows.
- Paint your lashes or put on false lashes.
Complete the make-up with pink-red or wine lipstick with a creamy texture.
Types of evening makeup
There are many options for a spectacular make-up for celebrations. Consider the main types that exist in the beauty industry.
In nude colors
Light natural tones are now at the peak of popularity; make-up artists actively use them in evening looks.
To repeat this makeup, follow these steps:
- Emphasizing the eyebrow line, apply the base on the upper eyelid.
- With a shade slightly darker than the skin, paint over the orbital fold and the space above it.
- Closer to the outer corner of the eye, paint over the eyelid with brown shadows.
- Line the lower eyelid with a golden-red tint. You can use kajal.
- Blend the color along the eyelid.
- Apply light shadows to the inner corner of the eye.
- Draw a neat black arrow.
- Color your eyelashes.
For make-up, choose pastel-colored lipstick.
Sparkling elements provide an opportunity to experiment and create a memorable image.
To repeat this makeup, you will need:
- Cover the upper eyelid with a base.
- Blend a bright pink color along the crease. The fold itself can be darkened with a slightly darker shade.
- Apply light cream eyeshadow to the eyelid.
- Using shimmery pale pink shadows, paint over the light part of the eyelid.
- With a pink metallic shade, draw a border along the crease and add light shadows to the inner corner of the eye.
- Draw a thin black arrow. On the lower eyelid shade a bright pink color.
- Paint over eyelashes in several layers, fix topaz-colored rhinestones along the lower eyelid and eyelashes with special glue.
Apply purple lipstick on your lips and the look is complete!
In shades of brown
For owners of dark hair and dark skin, this makeup is perfect.
It is done in this way:
- Blend the sandy brown color along the crease of the eyelid and up to the line of the eyebrows. Apply bronzer closer to the lash line.
- Add a burgundy-brown shade to the crease and stretch it.
- Apply black-brown shadows to the unpainted part of the upper eyelid.
- Line the lower eyelid with the darkest color and blend so that a smoky effect is created.
- In the inner corner of the eye, add some golden brown shadows, paint over the eyelashes.
With a make-up, dark brown lipstick looks harmonious, both creamy and matte.
With golden shadows
The shade of noble metal will favorably emphasize your image for any event.
It is performed in several steps:
- With a brown kayal, draw an arrow along the crease of the upper eyelid.
- Blend it with a light brown shade of shadows to the line of the eyebrows.
- Apply the base for glitter shadows on the upper eyelid, forming an arrow to the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply golden color.
- Highlight the shape of the eyebrows with pearl shadows.
- Draw a black arrow of medium length.
- Line the lower eyelid with a golden kayal.
- Paint over the mucous membrane with a black pencil.
- Use false eyelashes.
For lips, opt for a soft creamy lipstick to flatter your eye makeup.
Smokey Ice: timeless classic
This makeup is the most frequent “guest” of parties. For its variations, beauty brands create separate palettes to make it easier for you to match colors.
Do the classic smoky makeup like this:
- Cover the upper eyelid with a base so that dry shadows hold better and do not roll.
- Apply black in a dense layer over the base, going beyond the crease.
- Blend the shadows so that they partially reach the eyebrow line.
- Add some gray above the orbital crease. Apply black shadow on the lower eyelid.
- Blend them out by adding lighter shades.
- Paint over the mucous membrane of the lower eyelid with a black kayal.
- Glue false eyelashes and draw a black arrow.
- Add pearl shadows to the inner corner.
Smokey goes well with nude and wine shades of lipsticks.
Evening Korean makeup
Korean women, like all Asian women, are known for their delicate and expressive make-up, which is easy to perform.
- Apply pearlescent shadows on the upper and lower eyelids.
- With pink color along the lash line, paint over the upper eyelid, stretching the shadows beyond the outer corner of the eye.
- Line the lower eyelid with a light pink tint, add more color to the upper one.
- Draw an arrow with red-pink shadows.
- Color your eyelashes with red mascara.
To complete the look, a heart-shaped tint is applied to the inside of the lips, followed by a pink gloss with a wet effect.
With extended eyelashes
The main rule for makeup with extended eyelashes is to use mascara and shadows without oil extracts that can dissolve the glue. Use light make-up options, this will allow you to remove cosmetics at the end of the celebration without harm to your eyelashes.
Since there are no more differences, consider a simple evening make-up.
It is done in several steps:
- Blend dark purple dry shadows along the upper eyelid.
- In the outer corner of the eye and on the crease of the eyelid, add black color, forming an arrow with it.
- Blend the shadows, adding a gray shade closer to the eyebrow line.
- Paint over the lower eyelid and mucous membrane with a black pencil.
- Finish the arrow and highlight the inner corner of the eye with white shadows.
- Paint over the lower eyelashes, if necessary, then the extended upper ones. Try not to use a lot of mascara so that its removal is not traumatic for the eyelashes.
Complete the make-up by applying dark pink lipstick on the lips.
Step by step evening makeup for beginners
Since many people want to see something unusual as an evening look, let’s analyze the lilac-blue makeup for owners of fair skin.
It’s not that hard to repeat:
- Blend light blue shadows along the moving eyelid.
- Closer to the corners of the eyes, add a blue tint and blend.
- Apply purple eye shadow above the orbital fold.
- Paint the inner corner of the eye with white mother-of-pearl. Blend all the colors so that there are no clear boundaries.
- Paint the lower eyelid and mucous membrane with blue. Stretch the shades from light to dark.
- Color your eyelashes.
The emphasis on the lips should be done carefully, it is better to choose natural pink glosses or lipsticks with a wet effect.
Video tutorial on creating a simple evening make-up yourself
We offer you to watch a few videos in which it is explained as clearly as possible how to create an evening make-up.
5 golden rules for evening eye makeup
We offer to consolidate knowledge about creating an image. In evening make-up, the main thing:
- focus on the eyes and lips, carefully choosing their combination;
- use shining textures;
- choose colors based on your type;
- make eyelashes as expressive as possible;
- fix the make-up with a special tool.
Now you know the basic rules of evening makeup and you can easily apply them while applying cosmetics.
Photo of a bright evening make-up
These evening make-up examples will help you get inspired and create a unique look.
Evening makeup exists in the most unusual variations. Now, knowing its main rules, you can choose your unique image.