You know the drill. That eye shadow for quite a while now the collection is totally your color, so you use the last bit. Or you can find the sin, to the cream that you bought years ago and who is already untouched in your cupboard, throw it away. However, it is wise to do so. Because if you products whose expiry date is exceeded, however, you run the risk that your skin has a bad response. Bacteria and microbe in a product, that date is may skin cause that you want to solve.
WHEN GOOD PRODUCTS ARE NOT GOOD
It seems innocent, a cream or other beautyproduct that date. What you might not know, is that products are about date often a lot of harmful bacteria. In the International Journal of Cosmetic Science is to read that a survey from 2013 showed that of the 44 participants (women in the age of 18-28 years of age) an appalling percentage of 70% beautyproduct used that date. Especially with eye make-up such as mascara, eyeliner and eye shadow names the women the expiration date will not so closely.
The researchers took samples of eye make-up whose expiry date had expired and found in 67% of these products are potentially harmful micro-organisms (including Staphylococcus, Corynebacterium and Moraxella that are bacterial skin infections can cause).
Wat je moet weten over de houdbaarheid van je favoriete make-up en huidverzorgingsproducten, en waaraan je kunt zien dat ze over datum zijn en je ze dus beter niet meer kunt gebruiken, vertellen wij je hier.
ALL BEAUTY PRODUCTS HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE
Use a product whose expiry date has exceeded, then you run the risk of unpleasant skin irritations such as spots, a rash, or even eye infection. That’s what you want, of course not! We’ll tell you where to look to find out when your product better, you can’t use.
PAO = PERIOD AFTER OPENING
The letter M stands for the Latin word for month and the number refers to the number of months. So, a “12M” with an ‘open jar’ symbol means that the product is 12 months after you have opened the way to throw. This is the general designation of the “period after opening” PAO.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT A BEAUTYPRODUCT ABOUT THE EXPIRATION DATE?
If a product is discolored, strange smells, feels, too wet or you see lumps, then throw it away. If the packaging suddenly a different look and feel, this is a warning that there is something wrong with the content. A product need not always old but can which time all are exposed to harmful bacteria. Therefore, every time that you use the product, how it looks like.
Generally, it is true that products that contain water, the shortest shelf life after opening because water bacteria and other micro-organisms is stimulated. Products that plant extracts contain are also very susceptible to bacteria and decay as soon as they come in contact with oxygen. This is true both for pure extracts or products with ‘plant tea’, of which extracts with water are mixed. Compare it with fresh fruit, so the quality will also be back soon as it in your fruit bowl!
Beauty products that almost no water (such as powders) last the longest. And another thing, if you have a product which is listed as ‘free of preservatives’, please be extra careful, because the bacteria very easily thrive.
There are no natural preservatives (like grapefruit or tea tree), each product can protect against all pathogens. It might seem safer to opt for products with natural ingredients, but to be honest, its synthetic alternatives in regards to sustainability more effectively.
Elk beautyproduct is verschillend en het gebruik van een product en hoe het bewaard wordt verschilt ook per persoon, maar toch zijn de volgende tips handig om te weten hoelang je een product nog kunt gebruiken of dat je het beter kunt weggooien.MAKE-UP
- Mascara (gewone of waterproof), vloeistof of gel eyeliners: 4 tot 6 maanden (Gooi uitgedroogde mascara altijd weg en voeg nooit water toe om je mascara langer te kunnen gebruiken.)
- Foundation, in crème-, vloeibare of stickvorm: 6 maanden tot 1 jaar
- Producten op poederbasis (inclusief minerale make-up): 2-3 jaar
- Lippenstift, lipgloss, & lippotloden: 2-3 jaar
- Reinigers: 1 jaar
- Toner: 6 maanden tot 1 jaar
- BHA of AHA exfolianten: 1 jaar
- Hydraterende gezichts- en lichaamsproducten en serums: 6 maanden tot 1 jaar
- Lipbalsems: 1 jaar
- Proefpakketjes: 1 dag (ja echt, één dag!)
- Note: If the product has a strange smell, it looks different, or the texture has changed a lot, then throw it away! Test or the different smells. Change of smell is one of the first symptoms that your product is on the shelf.
WHAT YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND DO AND UNDERSTAND DO NOT DO TO YOUR PRODUCT TO LAST LONGER TO BE ABLE TO USE?
We give you a number of simple tips to help you the shelf life of your beautyproduct extends and you products can safely continue to use it.DO:
- Do a product a good seal after you have used
- Please note that climate and humidity affect the shelf life of a product
- Write the date of purchase on the product or on its packaging (with a waterproof pen). This date is more important than the PAO that the packaging mentions.
- Throw oogproducten the road after eye inflammation have had
- Please adhere to the expiration date on suntan, acneproducten and prescribed medication such as topical antibiotics and retinoids
NOT TO DO:
- Do not buy products that are packaged in a pot. A pot increases the risk of bacterial contamination, because you are there every time with your fingers starts. Or even worse, that someone else is there with her/his fingers enters. Store your product in the refrigerator. The products are although resistant to temperature fluctuations, but within a margin. The temperature in the refrigerator is too low, especially on the long-term. Exposure to low temperature reduces the performance and reliability of the product.
- Do you store products in direct sunlight (put them for example, not on a window sill where the sun is shining on them.)
- Share your products with others.
- Do not add water or saliva to your product to be less dry.
- Don’t go wild with your mascaraborsteltje in your mascaraflesje back and forth.
- Do you have a cap or lid and let it drop, make it thoroughly clean with soap and water or alcohol and dry well before you use it again on the potty or on the tube runs.
Heb je hulp nodig bij het vinden van de juiste producten voor jouw huid?Bestaat uit huidverzorgings- en product-experts die je op weg kunnen helpen naar de beste huid van je leven.
Meld je aan voor onze nieuwsbrief en ontvang € 5 korting op je volgende bestelling.